At RSA Conference Europe recently, the latest report from the Security for Business Innovation Council was launched entitled ‘Realizing the Mobile Enterprise’. It is really about balancing the risk and rewards for mobile devices and incorporating them in the overall enterprise Security strategy.
BYOD is not a new concept and most organizations today have some form of BYOD policy which allows employees to use their personal iPhones, iPads etc. to access corporate applications. The objective of the report was to provide some best practices and guidance on a BYOD policy which also addresses the security needs of an enterprise.
In brief the report recommends:
1. Establish Mobile Governance
2. Create an action plan for the near-term
3. Build core competencies in mobile app security
4. Integrate mobile into long term strategy
5. Expand mobile situational awareness
Download the full report or check out my blogs to learn more about each of the recommendations.